08 May 2011

How to Talk to a Liberal

She looks so smug, doesn't she? Well, Ms. (heh) Coulter certainly has reason to be. She's a best-selling author, noted columnist, and well-known for her TV and radio appearances. Coulter stirs up controversy just as easily as a fat man inhales sandwiches.

Now, my knowledge of her is limited to this 2004 title. I have not been exposed to any other opinions she may have, so I'll admit that I may be a bit ignorant to some of her other beliefs. But I have to say...I don't hate her. Do I think her belief in Christianity is ludicrous and shows a lack of reasoning? Of course. But her columns featured in this book show an otherwise intelligent, articulate, quick-witted person who is eager to expose any weakness she observes. And I absolutely respect that.

As far as the content of this book, the columns ranged from the time of Clinton's impeachment to the Bush-Kerry election. While I won't comment on her views, I will say that this was a worthwhile read. Sometimes her desire to malign an 'enemy' gets in the way of her efforts to impugn; but that's her style. You don't read Coulter's columns to just get the facts. You do it for the humour, and perhaps to get more than a little peeved.

No comments:

Post a Comment