16 June 2012

No more books/Get reading Challenge

NO. MORE. BOOKS.

I have so many that someone could take twenty of them and I likely wouldn't notice. Many of them I haven't read. I intend to change this. I won't buy any or ask for any until I've finished all the titles on this list. The only exceptions are books for class or from library book sales -- I'm not going to pass those up, as they're my only way to get books in this area.

Here are books I will finish that I have already started:
Purple Hibiscus
Brideshead Revisited
Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism and the Future
Zami: A New Spelling of My Name
Anarchism and Other Essays (Kindle)
Reading Women
Delusions of Gender
My Mistresses's Sparrow is Dead (E-book)
The Political Brain
International Relations Theory: A Critical Introduction
Too Big to Fail
The Essential Feminist Reader
Notes From Underground
Why I Am Not a Christian
A Man of The People
Ward No. 6 and Other Stories
Skylark Farm
Walden (e-book)
The Second Sex
The Weight of Heaven (e-book)
The Master and Margarita
Uncle Tom's Cabin (e-book)
Atlas Shrugged
On the Road
Collected Stories (of Marquez)
Anna Karenina

Yeah, so quite a few titles, and that's only those I chose.

Here's a list of books from my TBR pile that I will finish before I can buy any more books:
The Sacred Willow
Life & Death in Shanghai
The Makioka Sisters
Nausea
No Longer Human
Bless Me, Ultima
The Thing Around Your Neck
The Discovery of Witches
The Woman in the Dunes
Infinite Jest
The Satanic Verses
2666
The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea
Grotesque
A Long Way Gone
Native Son

and that's all. I may alter this list at some point.
I have no idea how long this will take as I'm in school this summer. But I'll try to finish a book or so a week and make a post about it. I have one already started on Manifesta.


No comments:

Post a Comment